Contributors

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Crazy Week.


Okay... we have like zero time to write today because..... Sister Loo is leaving and getting transferred. We have no idea where to but man it will be a very sad day tomorrow. We are such good friends it is weird to think about being here without her. 

Like my mind is kinda going a million miles an hour right now because we have so much to do today and like a million bazillion people to visit and CD's to burn and pictures to swap and not nearly enough time so.... this email is going to be extremely lame. 

NEWS:

Frank is getting baptized. Last night we committed him by Sister Loo's bold side coming out... she said, "FRANK! Stop being a chicken and get baptized!" So he is. Ha! Teach PEOPLE not LESSONS. That is one thing that I have learned and goodness, that is SO true with Frank. He is one of a kind. In ward council they ask,"So how is Frank?" We shrugg our shoulders and say, "Frank is Frank!" 

We went to the temple last week and man... it was very emotional. I could write a whole book just on that one experience at the temple. Good thing I have my journal to do JUST that. I will have to tell you some day when I get home. We can sit around the fire, snuggled in a blanket and we can drink hot cocoa while I tell you all about it. I just love the temple and I have come to more fully appreciate it for all that it has to offer.

We went to Downtown Houston with the Elders and it was such a blast. When we told everyone we were going there for Pday... they all said, "oh... well what are you going to do there...? It's cool for like 5 minutes and then its really lame..." But whatever we were excited anyway. It was fun to be all together. 7 missionaries walking down the street. Sister Loo in the middle with Elders on both sides of us. It was cool and I really felt like a disciple of Christ. It kinda made me think about what it would have been like to walk the streets with Jesus. Instead we were walking Downtown Houston, talking to people, passing out pass along cards and contacting. It was a really great day and we got some amazing pictures! I will try to send them later but they are on Elder Wilsteads camera! 

Man... it has been an emotional week! Sister Loo and I have gotten really close with the Assistants and we are all such good friends. It will be super strange to not have Sister Loo or Elder Wilstead there. Missions are so strange. Like very very strange. But gosh... such a neat life experience.

THOUGHTS:

I gave a training for Zone Meeting on Friday and it was all about Light vs. Dark and how as missionaries we need to be fully converted and turned to the light.  I started it out having everyone close their eyes and picture the celestial room that we had all been sitting in together just the day before. I told them to focus on the way the light illuminated the room. I asked them to all focus on the properties of light.. then I went into this analogy that President Pingree talked about how when we walk into a dark room our pupils expand and are unfocused and can't see clearly. So it is the same when we find ourselves in darkness. We are lost and not focused on those things that bring us clarity and perception. BUT.... if we stay in the dark room long enough our eyes become adjusted to the light and we find ourselves comfortable. Or in this analogy you find yourself comfortable in sin and in darkness. Our job, not only as missionaries but as members of the church, is to open the door so that those around us in darkness can see the light, can remember the clarity and the beauty that truth, knowledge and love can bring us. This light can only come through the gospel. And when we do step out of that dark room, our eyes dilate and are focused on the things that matter, we don't stumble because we can see in front of us, we can see the end goal and where we are headed. It was a really powerful zone meeting. 


I LOVE THIS CHURCH.

Sorry this is all over the place!

-xoxoxoxo

-Sister King
Frank carrying my bag around church :) What a cutie. He really is our little brother.


We love BOBA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment