Contributors

Thursday, November 21, 2013

MIRACLES ALL UP IN HUR'


GAH. I don't have much time. But a few amazing things happened this week. I will outline the best ones!

FREEZING PREACHING
(sidenote: phillip phillips is playing on the radio right now in the computer lab and oh man... i love him. Do ya'll remember when I predicted him to win American Idol? yeah... I'm that good.)
So this week we went back to that college campus to the christian group and the AP's couldn't come because they were busy with transfers so we just went the two of us and it was FREEZING. We thought it was going to be inside. FAIL. It was outside in the courtyard. Brrr.... after the preaching we all stood up and Sister Loo and I got SWARMED. We gave out like 4 Books of Mormon! I explained the Book of Mormon and used my hands to demonstrate when the Bible is just floating around by itself it can be interpreted in a million different ways as still being "God's word" but when you put the book of mormon with it, it hold the Bibles contents in place and it can't move and the word of God is stationary and just like you want to have multiple witnesses for anything, the Book of Mormon is another witness of Jesus Christ and it just clarifies and magnifies what is in the Bible. The girl took the book and then a few minutes later I looked over and saw her hand it to a group of students talking in the courtyard. I watched as she pointed in our direction and then proceeded to show them the exact same hand demonstration that I had just explained to her. It was really cool. We stayed and talked to people for a long time and then walked around campus. We were there for 3 1/2 hours. I thought I was going to turn into an icicle! But hey it was all worth it. Sister Loo and I were exhausted. I think we are still recovering from that. We are getting nervous for Wednesday because we think that even MORE students are going to swarm us with even MORE bible questions... oh man. It was cool though. I few people got defensive and then Sister Loo and I just started testifying and they shut up and something in their eyes changed and they shook our hand, smiled and we parted ways. It was cool. Who knows if they will remember that or think anymore about it but testifying really is the answer. It was cool. ALMA 4:19.

MIRACLE 
Okay... so Sister Loo and I have been working with Dianna and Francisco Gutierrez (they went to Froyo with us a while ago I sent home a picture.) They both joined the church about a year ago. Their parents are SUPER catholic. But Francisco wanted us to come and talk to them. They had never had Sister Missionaries over before and Francisco told us that they liked us way better than the Elders so we keep coming over to teach Francisco and Dianna about once a week. We try to talk to their parents but they don't speak ANY english. So Francisco's mom invited us over for mole and I was SO excited. Because hellllo...... red iguana mole is bomb.com! So I was pretty stoked. Sister Loo and I worked SO hard to try and find a member in our ward that spoke spanish to come with us to the dinner with the hope that the parents would be open to us sharing even just a SHORT spiritual message. So we finally found Pedro (a epic member in our ward) and he was going to come with us. BUT then like 3 hours before the dinner appointment, Pedro cancels. So it was a total bummer. We started texting everyone and I said to Sister Loo, "maybe we aren't supposed to have anyone come with us...Let's pray about it and see how we feel." So we prayed. Didn't feel anything.... we went into the dinner not really knowing what was going to happen... we go in and the parents were sitting on the couch watching some spanish version of saturday night live. We couldn't talk to them at ALL. We were just sitting there awkwardly waiting for dinner to be ready. The spirit is really lacking in their home. And when the parents didn't even eat with us, I didn't think that we were going to be able to pull off sharing a spiritual message but THEN..... Francisco started to tell us about his conversion story and how the sister missionaries had sang a hymn at the beginning of the lesson instead of praying. Francisco said, that he felt the spirit so strong. Sister Loo and I turned to each other and we were like, "LETS SING!" So we chose "Nearer my God to thee." Francisco and Dianna called their parents in and they were hesitant. But they turned off the TV and came to the table. The mom sat down but the dad just stood by the banister and folded his arms. Sister Loo and I started singing and OH MY. I swear their were angels singing with us. We sounded SO good. I almost wanted to turn around to see who else was singing with us. It was an amazing experience. The spirit was so strong in that tiny like bleak, dark, dining room. His mom started to cry. They had no idea what we were singing about but they felt the spirit. I know they did. After we sang we bore our testimonies and Francisco translated. Then we asked Francisco if he would bear his testimony... He did. I didn't understand anything he said but my spirit did and my heart was ON FIRE. It was such a cool experience. Later the next day Sister Loo and I found out that that had been Francisco's first time bearing his testimony to his parents. I almost cried. 
We are exhausted but its been a good week! We are getting ready for our big bonfire. We called all the missionaries in our area to see if they had any young single adult investigators or less actives they could invite. Everywhere we go, missionaries are talking about it. I am kinda scared that its gunna get TOO HUGE. Haha... oh man. We may have created a monster! haha. Oh man.... wish us luck! Hopefully we don't burn down Houston!
Love you all!
Here is a funny quote...
Tracting this week: Someone answers the door and we hear someone shout from the kitchen..."Are they trying to bring us to Jesus, or are they trying to take our money!?"
Also... while tracting... some man had Sister Loo sit down on his porch chair and extend her legs.. he tried to convince us that one of her legs was shorter than the other... and so he started to tugg on her shoes and then whispered, "oohhh! a little more jesus....ohh! You see that?! LOOK AT THAT!!" He tried to convince Sister Loo and I that he had made Sister Loo grow an inch taller... it was pretty funny. I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing. Oh I love my mission haha.
Church is true!
xoxoxo
-Sister King

We played Speedball with a bunch of our ward members friends! (its like football mixed with ultimate frisbee only you play with a tennis ball it was EPIC.)
 
Sister Loo and I and Elder V and Elder Schmidt!
 I LOVE GYROS.
ONLY IN TEXAS would this be a christmas decoration at walmart.
KITTENS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment