Contributors

Thursday, January 9, 2014

First Lessons Are DA BOMB

CHRISTMAS

First off! I just want to say thank you for all the christmas wishes and cards! You are all amazing. I am so happy that I had the chance to skype my beautiful familia! It was great and Sister Loo and I had an amazing Christmas. This year Christmas took on an entirely new meaning. I really had the chance to dig deep into the meaning and the power behind the Savior's birth. Sister Loo and I studied the Savior every single day in December and it was so amazing. On Christmas Eve we watched Joy to the World (the christmas DVD that the church put out) and we were so overwhelmed by the spirit and the true meaning of Christmas. The spirit testified to us of the truthfulness and personal importance the Savior has in our lives. If you had walked into our apartment you would have felt the spirit hit you like  wall. It was amazing. We were crying and laughing out of happiness and love for the savior, it was so cute and funny all at the same time. I just love Christmas. Remember how Halloween used to be my favorite Holiday? Well.... I am going to have to jump on the Bandwagon and say that it is Christmas. THERE I SAID IT!

SHE FOUND HOME!
We got a call from the Klein Oak elders a few days ago and they had a referral for us. An 18 year old named Ashley she has been going to church for about 8 months in Japan with her boyfriend's family who are members. She went away to school in Arkansas and felt like something was missing in her life. She finally realized that it was the church. She loves the church so much. Andyesterday she went to church with the Elders in the family ward and she left with a job! One of the ward members was looking for someone to cover a shift that just HAPPENED to work with Ashley's schedule. It is a miracle. We taught her the restoration last night and we had two members there with us as well as the elders. It was just a big restoration party and the spirit was SO strong. My heart was beating out of my chest the entire time. Man...she is adorable and was grinning from ear to ear the entire lesson. When we started talking about the apostasy her eyes were huge and she was like, "WOW I have never heard it explained like that! But that makes so much sense!" It was really neat to see the testimony and relationship with Christ that she once had come back to life in her. And we didn't even have to do anything! She was SO prepared. 

At the end we asked the members to share when they gained a testimony of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. Ashley loved their testimonies and started sharing her own testimony! It was so powerful and she opened her mouth to say something and then just started to cry. I reached over and rubbed her back and then of course I started to cry. She just started to smile and said, "I can't believe that I finally found it." She said she was so happy and she knew this is where she was supposed to be. That this was the right thing for her and she missed feeling the spirit in her life when she had not being going to church in Arkansas.

Sister Loo and I had prayed before the lesson about extending a baptismal commitment and we felt that she was ready to be baptized on January 11th. At the end I put my arm around her and asked her if she wanted to be baptized onJanuary 11th and her mouth dropped open as tears filled her eyes. She was so excited and exclaimed, "YES! You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this." She couldn't stop smiling from ear to ear and she started to laugh! Oh I was so happy for her! She is going to be a great member of our church! SoJanuary 11th is the date! So neat. The Lord is hastening his work. So happy to be a part of it.

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

Talking to some YSA's about the church and addressing their statements and concerns (which had more likely than not, been fueled by anti-mormon material :( Sad day.) We testified of Christ and the truthfulness of our church and the Book of Mormon. The conversation ended with the guy (who was struggling to think of things to battle us back with) said, "Well...Y'all should really look up your religion on youtube... just sayin' I think it would clear up a few things for you." 

HA. Sister Loo and I tried not to laugh as we walked away. I am SO glad that he is educated by such a credible source such as youtube. WOW.


LOVE YOU ALL!

CHURCH IS TRUE! (I don't know that it's true via Youtube...  I know that from: spirit of God, the Bible, the Book of Mormon, my own personal prayers, 23 years of trying to live it and now teaching it to the people here in Texas) 

Dont take it for granted. 


xoxox
Sister King

CHRISTMAS CONFERENCE (And Elder Moulton's fake tooth poppin' out.) I am going to miss Sister Jacobsen! :(


ZOMBIE TAG for Pday- its like walking dead for real! glowsticks, nerf guns, pitch-black and LOADS of adrenaline

ONZIE PARTY with one of our favorite members of the ward. She ALWAYS feeds us!

Some of our favorite ward members!

The AP's White Elephant Gift. TEXAS HOUSTON MISSION.




No comments:

Post a Comment