Contributors

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

ANOTHER EMAIL FROM SISTA KINGSEY

Well this week was good. We had some high highs and some low lows, but that is the way that missionary work goes. It has been an emotional rollercoaster

IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS

We got to watch "Meet the Mormons" and it was SO good. I hope that everyone goes to see it. It was very emotional and very powerful and it was funny too. The beginning was so funny. We were all cracking up in the chapel and President Mortenson had to calm us down haha. But as a missionary, humor is everything. It is like the only thing we have left to keep us sane so of course we loved it. Then we went to the dentists office. Unfortunately I didn't have time to write the whole Salt Lake Valley, but I did crank out a few letters. I wrote one to Ashley. (Remember Ashley I taught her and baptized her in Cypress Creek?) Well she is going through the temple and wants Sister Montierth and I to be there. I am so excited. 

We went and saw Sister V (remember she is the one where Christ was in the room and she wouldn't pray) well we read the BoM with her and guess what.... we asked her if she had prayed that week and she HAD! So all week Sister I will be like driving or something and one of us will say, "Remember that one time that SISTER V PRAYED!?" We get pretty excited and I do a car dance every single time.  

SUE AND JUDITH
 
We had lesson with Sue and Judith and Sister Love came with us. It was a really cool lesson. We taught the restoration and Sue was just soaking it up like a sponge! She had told us that she stumbled across this whole library of talks from years and years ago and she can select any topic she wants to read all about it. GENERAL CONFERENCE! She told us that she had already printed out a bunch of them and can't get enough. In the middle of the lesson while we were talking about the priesthood being restored, Judith leaned over to me and said, " Hey... so what do you think about all this Isis baloney?" I hadn't even heard of Isis until then. So I had no response for herhaha. ( We later asked what Isis was... I think I said, "What is this Iris thing Judith was talking about?" And I regretted asking about it. Man... it is nice to not know what is happening in the world. I kinda like living under a rock! It is nice. Ya'll should try it.) 

Sue and Judith are trying to apply for medicaid and so that is all that Judith would talk about. She said, "soooo do any of you know anything about medicaid??"

Or when we were closing the lesson and inviting Sue to pray. She didn't know what to pray for or what to say. So we were telling her that you thank him for things and then you ask him whatever you'd like! Whatever is in your heart. Judith sits up straight and pops her head up saying, "MEDICAID?!"

We all laughed and told Sue and Judith that YES! God will even help them answer their prayers and questions that they have about Medicaid and what to do to get medical help. 

It was adorable. Unfortunately Judith has been acting out lately and Sue hasn't been able to meet with us or come to church. Keep Judith and Sue in your prayers please. :)

FRIDAY

We had district meeting on Friday and before the announcements Sister Peterson, the Sister Training Leader for our zone told us to keep Sister Flannery in our prayers because her mother had passed away. I buried my face in my hands. I knew that this day would come eventually but I wasn't prepared. 

Sister Flannery is like my little sister out here on the mission. I love her so so much. We served in the same district together those 9 months I was in the YSA ward. And I remember many late nights we had when we would just talk and talk and laugh and cry together. She is one of my best friends on the mission for sure. When Sister Flanneryleft for her mission, her mom had cancer and was barely holding on. She didn't know if she should serve because she might miss that last year and a half she could spend with her mom. But Sister Flannery's mom assured her that her serving the Lord would bring peace, blessings and strength to their family and that she wanted her to serve the Lord with all her heart. Christmas and Mother's Day were hard for Sister Flannery not knowing if this would be the last time she would see her mom on this side of the veil. But no matter what, Sister Flannery always had a smile on her face as she preached the gospel. I love her to pieces. And I know that her Mom will now help her to serve the rest of her mission strong and be with her every single step of the way. 

 As I sat there in District Meeting,  hearing those words that her mom had passed, I felt so much love and compassion for Sister Flannery that I couldn't contain myself. I had to walk out of District meeting into the hallway. Sister I just held me as I cried. The amount of compassion and empathy I felt in that moment made me see how much love and compassion the Savior must have for each of us as we are going through these trials. Not only is he right alongside us but he has experienced it WITH us. 

I prayed a lot on Friday. My blanket was wet with tears. And I felt his love pouring out over me and Sister Flanneryand her family. He is there. Always. He lives to comfort me when faint.
Words from one of my favorite Hymns, "I Know That My Redeemer Lives"

He lives to hear my soul's complaint.
He lives to silence all my fears.
He lives to wipe away my tears.
He lives to calm my troubled heart.

He lives. 

This is a beautiful video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqEA-nxcD9c
ALSO- this is EPIC. Read this. A member shared this in RS on Sunday. Her Sister sent it to her :) BEAUTIFUL STORY.

A member of our ward shared this amazing experience that he had this week. He was in an airport and was trying to find a kiosk that would allow him to charge his phone. He still had plenty of battery strength, but felt he should charge it nonetheless. He found several kiosks, but they were all full. He finally found a place and was sitting across the table from a young Chinese woman who seemed visibly upset. She was on the phone with an airport employee trying to explain her situation. The problem was that she spoke very little English. He heard her repeat the word 'Mongolian'. The employee did not speak Chinese Mongolian. My friend wanted to help, but did not speak Mongolian either; however, he had a friend who had served a mission where he had to learn the Chinese Mongolian language. My friend (Russ) called his friend (John) and explained the situation and asked if he would be willing to help translate so that this young woman could get her problem resolved. John agreed, so Russ gave his phone to the young lady (YL) & said "Mongolian" and pointed to his phone. The YL hesitantly took the phone and soon began chatting very rapidly while Russ just looked on. After a few minutes, the YL began crying almost hysterically. Russ was wondering what John could have said that made her cry, but just waited, knowing there was nothing he could do. The YL would stop crying and seemed to gain control over her emotions, only to start crying once again. Russ was totally bewildered! The conversation lasted about 15 min. & a smiling, teary-eyed YL handed back the phone to Russ. John was pretty emotional too as he explained to Russ that this YL was a girl he had taught while on his mission and he had baptized her and her whole family! She was on her way to the MTC in preparation for a mission!!! He had also helped her resolve her airport problem. 

This story gave me chills on top of chills!!! What are the chances that this would take place??? Think about it... Russ was led to the right kiosk where the YL was. Russ felt prompted to help in the only way he could...by calling his friend. Is the Lord mindful of his missionaries or what??? He is mindful of all of His children...and that means YOU!!!
Church is true.

XOXOXOX

-Sister King
My Favorite picture of me and Sister Flannery :) 

keep her in your prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment