Contributors

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Breakin' my back in TEXAS.

ZZZzzzZZzzzzZ
-Apparently I was laughing really hard in my sleep the other night and scared Sister I, haha. No idea what my dream was about.

-Sister I was going sit-ups early one morning and she was counting. I hear her say, "forty-eight---forty-nine----forty-ten------*pause* "what the heck am I doing!?" And then we just CRACKED UP. That is how tired we are. 

SERVICE UP THE WAZOOO

We did SO much service this week. I think that is why we are so tired. Wednesday we were doing service all day. We went to the Buddhist temple, then the Elders were like, "Hey this inactive couple move and there is no way that we can help them back just the two of us. Can you com help?" Since we were already in service clothes and covered in paint we decided to just join them.... Flashforward to opening the front door to the apartment---> In this moment I decided that maybe the Lord is trying to tell me that my ideal career path is to de-clutter. And help hoarders de-hoard. I would pass something to Elder Barney and mouth, "quick take that to the dumpster!!" haha. It was so funny.  We have to sneak things to the dumpster without them knowing. I am getting really good at it haha. It sounds rude but if you understand hoarders you will know what I am talking about. If the TV show Hoarders ever comes to SLC. I will totally volunteer. At least this time with Fred and his wife there weren't any cats.Remember when I cleaned the cat lady's house and I got like a hundred flea bites all over me? yeahhhh.... that was fun. 

 This member has such a cool conversion story though! He had a stroke and was outside learning how to walk again using a walker he had totally lost all his speech. As he was walking he saw the elders ride by on their bikes and he felt something tell him that he needed to call to them, he suddenly heard himself yell "HEY!" Fred was shocked that he had spoken! The Elders turned around and came to talk to Fred. Fred managed to say, "pray with me." They started to meet with Fred and read with Book of Mormon with him, and that is how Fred learned how to talk again. By reading the Book of Mormon out-loud. How neat is that!?

Then we helped another inactive clean their house and we have never really been able to have a very spiritual lesson in their home because it is always so messy. But after we cleaned their living room you could actually see their floor! It was amazing! The spirit was SO much stronger in their home and the house literally got like 5 times brighter. We talked to them about getting sealed in the temple. They were so excited. And because the spirit was there we were able to bring up the Elephant in the room, that they weren't coming to church. SO cool. Sister I and I were like on a cleaning spree we just wanted to keep cleaning and cleaning and cleaning because it made the BIGGEST difference. That is one thing I have learned from being on a mission... because we go into so many homes, I am able to feel the difference in the spirit inside each one. Our homes really are temples! TAKE CARE OF THEM!

RANDOMS

Thursday we helped Donna and Nathan move. We have been teaching Donna since I first got here. Now she has a Boyfriend and he said that he is interested in taking the lessons! I hope that they continue to progress with the new sister missionaries we have! :)

A recently reactivated member is sharing the gospel like crazy! We are so proud of her. It is so cool to see someone who has so recently discovered it,  share it so passionately. Frank called the other day we talk pretty regularly and he gave out 2 Book of Mormons to his friends. His new calling is a ward missionary :) As a ward missionary their challenge by the ward mission leader is to invite at least 3 people a week to something. An activity, church, mormon.org etc. It is so cool. I loved Elder Bednars talk about sharing the gospel. If you haven't watched it or listened to it. DO IT! https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/10/come-and-see?lang=eng


CHURCH IS TRUE! LOVE YOU ALL!

xoxoxoxox

-Sister King

Lovin' the weather.

Nathan, Donna and her kids! :) I told the other sisters that they have to take good care of them since they are moving out of our area :)

Adious Elder Barney! :( So sad to see him leave.

Late night guacamole grilled cheese :) #GOUTES. (Members keep me posted on the score. GO UTES)

Elder Barney, Elder Harris worked their charm and got Amu to come to church to sing! So neat. There were hardly any dry eyes in the chapel. The Elders said that it was the spirit helping them. When they sang with the guitar in church, it was UNREAL. ANd Amu's whole family came too :) His Sister said that she was SO happy to see him in the chapel. It was beautiful. This is a recording from when we were over at Amu's house practicing :)



No comments:

Post a Comment