Contributors

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Because He First Loved Me


VERTIGO
So I have been really sick and going crazy lately. I have learned a lot this transfer and had to rely on the Lord in everything. I was not going to go to the doctor because I kept saying, "I have 3 weeks left, I will just go to the doctor when I get home." But then on Wednesday morning I was so excited to go see Bankah at the Buddhist temple, but I felt terrible. Sister I tried to convince me not to go but I was set on going! Then the Elders called and Elder Tanner tried to convince me that I needed to go get checked out because I might have a brain tumor or something. Long story short... I ended up at Instacare and for this last week I have been on a gazillion pills and have been really out of it. It is hard to push hard and finish strong when my body is saying, "Nope, you're done." But my mind isn't so it is frustrating. I have been having some serious mind games going. But the scriptures, prayer and a loving and understanding companion have really helped me to turn to the Savior.


HE LOVES US

I gave my last testimony at Zone Conference yesterday and that was so strange. I felt sick to my stomach. It was the same pit in my stomach feeling I had as I was driving to the MTC! But one thing that I have been thinking about is that EVERYTHING that happens to us is for a reason. It is for our benefit and often times it is so we can be brought low enough to ask for his help. 

Here is a question that I have been thinking about a ton, "If God loves us why did he make a plan to have us leave his presence?"

President Mortensen's response when teaching a lesson:

"You have children, you love them and as parents you care about them. But would you want to have your children depend on and live with you in your house for the rest of your life?"

"No."

"Why not? You love them don't you?"

"Yes, but they need to be out on their own and experience things, learn responsibility and make choices."

"Exactly. That is how our heavenly father feels about us. And when your children leave the nest do you want to hear from, help them and watch them in turn have their own families and progress."

"The family is truly ordained of God."

We got to go to the temple today and that is all that I could think about through the entire thing. How he is our Father. He loves us and I am his daughter. 


Church is true. 

xoxoxoxox


-Sister King

HALLOWEEN LEFTOVERS

Sister I has been SO cold ALLLL week. I bought her boots at Target. Mom, I knew that if you were here you would have bought them for her. Like mother like daughter.

Cat pants and cold weather.

Ruth's little Sister wanted her own copy of the BoM. SO cute. We left her our passalong card and it had our number on it. We hadn't even been driving for 5 minutes when our phone rang. It was Jester and Maureen all we heard was breathing and giggles. I expect more prank calls in the near future. SO cute.

 Westlake homies.

Horseloverzzzz

District at the Temple! 

Poor Nymeyer broke his collarbone 2 weeks before we go home! :(


Tree-climbing.

Cold weather! I can't wait to bundle up again! I have missed my tights and scarves!!


No comments:

Post a Comment