Contributors

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Reality Check

I come home in 9 days... Things are starting to seem a little bit more real and I am freaking out. But I am trying to make this last week count! This will be a short email since I am really only reporting about half a week since I emailedon Wednesday.

I just wanted to share a little piece of my testimony. The mission really is like a mini life. You have ups and downs. Like honestly, I have never been so sad and I have never been so happy all in a matter of days. It is exhausting, stressful, mind-numbing and lonely. BUT I have never been so happy in my entire life. I was talking to Sister Flannery about this the other day and I told her how scared I was to go home and to start this new chapter of my life. I said, I feel like I am just starting to understand how to do things and then I have to go home!  She said something that I really needed to hear. She said, " The mission is training wheels for life. We aren't expected to be perfect, but we learn the tools that can help us when we have to get on the actual bike."

I love that! These tools help us to grow and progress and remain close to the Savior. And even when our Father in Heaven takes off our training wheels and gives us a push in the right direction we aren't expected to be perfect. That is why the Atonement is there. 

To some extent I don't think that I will ever be ready to end my mission and to have this mantle lifted because spiritually speaking, this is the strongest that I have ever been. But I don't want it to be the strongest that I ever will be. This is just the beginning. Now I just have the tools to deal with everything and anything that life can throw at me. I just have to keep them sharp and ready to use. That is the key.

The church is true. I am so happy that I have been able to have this amazing knowledge of my divine potential, not only the potential that our Heavenly Father has for me, but the divine potential that he has for all of his children.

Church is true. 

xoxoxox

See you in nine days :)


-Sister King

No comments:

Post a Comment