Contributors

Sunday, July 6, 2014

DORFY AND KING




Okay... So here I am sitting in the Houston Community College surrounded by YSAs typing this email about how I got transferred to a family ward! I am now serving in Katy, Texas. It is mostly suburbs and isn't too big. But that is compared to my last area that was like the whole state of Texas... (mild exaggeration).
Anyway, my companion is Sister Wessendorf. She and I served together in the same district back when I was in Cypress Creek. She is from Payson, UT and she goes home at the end of this transfer, so I gotta learn the area quick! All the missionaries in the district when they see her say, "Oh great, wise Wessendorf." It's pretty funny. She is a vegetarian and she made me the best sandwich ever the other day. (Blueberry bagel, swiss cheese, cheddar cheese, spicy guacamole and an egg DELICIOUS!) So I may start cutting out more meat out of my diet! Who knows. I could never be a full vegetarians though... that is just sad. (Brad and Brooke if you are reading this I still love you both dearly.)
Here are a few highlights from this week:
1. One of our investigators found out that her internet boyfriend wasn't real. She had been sending him hundreds of dollars to Ghana for his "sons medical expenses." It was really sad. Moral of the story is.... DONT DATE ONLINE. (Shout out for those who have seen the movie or TV show called Catfish. Ridiculous.... )
2. The great and wise Wessendorf and I had a 20 minute conversation about whether or not Christ has a beard. It was hilarious. 
3. Had a really weird, mind-numbing discussion with Less Actives friend last night. This was our conversation, 
       King: So do you believe in God?
Alex: I believe in consciousness and higher power of knowing that we are all god, since God is everywhere (insert highly scientific terms and equations and something about atoms and molecules and visual optics proving a higher power...) But I don't think that you can define all that "GOD"  consists of in just three letters, there is too much to encompass!"
Dorfy: (without skipping a beat) Okay. How about "Heavenly Father?" That gives you a bunch more letters to work with.
I had to put my head down in order to stifle my laughter. It was hilarious. And the best part? She was being dead serious. 
4. I officially met the most frightening dog ever. His name? "My Sunshine" He's anything but a ray of sunshine, to be honest. I think he looks like a furry vampire spider. Thoughts? Please share!

5. Decided to chalk Less Actives houses and use it as a way of contacting, "hey, we are going around doing random acts of kindness and we were just wondering if you guys know anyone that lives on your street that is going through a hard time? We would love to help make their day a little brighter!" 
These two ladies looked at us and said, "People who are having a hard time? You mean people that are worse off than us? I dunno if that exists.... She is loosing her house next week and my husband and I just lost our jobs. Do we qualify for some upliftment?" 
We taught them the whole Restoration lesson and invited them to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. It was so cool. So that is really neat technique that we are going to use more often! 
Plus, chalk is just so fun! :)
Love this area already. It is different, and it will be a challenge, but I am ready for a challenge. 
PS. Sister Andreason told me that Frank blessed the Sacrament yesterday! :')
My new favorite name for the Lord?
"...that which is righteous cometh down from above, from the Father of Lights." - D&C 67:9


Church is true!
xoxoxox
Sister King

Chalk! And the Westlake Missionaries!


Saw Sister Montierth at Transfers! What a treat :)

Car Selfie
 

 YOSH PART 2!

God knew that I needed a little welcome to my new home in Westlake.This black cat was waiting for us by the front door when we first pulled up. Haven't seen this little cat since. Some people think that black cats are bad luck? I think they are the opposite.

 DEFINITION OF MUG SHOT- Meet "My Sunshine" - Breed= SHELOB (That creepy spider from Lord of the Rings) Age=14

No comments:

Post a Comment