Contributors

Sunday, July 27, 2014

BECAUSE OF HIM


FUNNY SHTUFF FIRST. SERIOUS STUFF LATER.
1.) This week I killed a huge spider with a "To This End Was I Born" DVD case. I thought that was quite fitting.
2.) Conversation with the Elders on the way to District Meeting- (Sidenote: Elder Anderson is hilarious. Love that kid to pieces, he is on a diet and has lost like 40 pounds since he has been in this area! He looks SO good. But we give him a hard time."

S.KING:"What do Elders do when they have a bad day?"

NYMEYER: "Once I bought 5 pints of Bluebell ice cream."
KING: "5?!?"
NYMEYER: "They were on Sale, okay... chill out!"
KING: "What about you Anderson? Do you go home and pig out on like 8 salads?!"
ANDERSON: *death glare* EASYYYY now, Chief......
2 hours driving home in the van I ask Anderson a question- no response.... I turn around and look at him to see if he heard me... his response?
"What Y'all looking at me for? I'm just the idiot in the back seat that eats 8 salads!!"
I haven't laughed that hard in a LONGGGG time. Humor on the mission keeps me sane. I think I would go crazy without laughter.
3.) I heard a funny joke. Anything with Raisins in it would automatically be better when replaced with chocolate chips... for example: a box of raisins.

SACRAMENT AND SUNRISES

It has been one of those weeks where you just have to watch this like 50 times in a row. http://youtu.be/_S3TI4bYerU
Not really sure what to say this week, except I have been praying a lot about what the lord wants me to learn from this last transfer. I am not really sure. Still trying to figure it out. It may be one of those things that you don't recognize that you already have the answer to your prayer until looking back weeks, even months after. But one thing that has been ringing through my heart all week is this phrase that President Pingree said,
"The Lord is not disappointed until you give up. So never give up."


For some reason taking the sacrament yesterday took on a whole new meaning. It meant more. I kinda got chewed out in ward council a bit for asking inactive members of the ward if they wanted their records removed. (Guess I am just sick of being yelled at and told to never come back?) Anyway, yesterday was an emotional day. We were singing the Sacrament hymn "As Now We Take the Sacrament" and I was just overwhelmed with comfort and peace. Especially from the second verse: 
As now we praise thy name with song,
The blessings of this day

Will linger in our thankful hearts,

And silently we pray

For courage to accept thy will,

To listen and obey.

We love thee, Lord; our hearts are full.

We'll walk thy chosen way.

It is probably my new favorite hymn. I thought about all the symbolism and all the meaning behind those words and behind the ordinance of the sacrament. I looked up and saw the adorable pre-mission priests blessing the sacrament and thought about the mistakes and all the problems they will face in their lives. BUT because of the bread and the water that they blessed, what it represents, and because of those covenants we can be clean again! We can have second chances, third chances, hundredth chances, ten-millionth chances. And that is something that I have been reflecting on a lot. Those little Priests up there blessing the sacrament don't recognize the fulness of the atonement yet. And just like all of us, I don't think that it is possible to fully comprehend and understand. But I know that we are not perfect. I am not a perfect missionary. I am far from it, but as the sun always rises and tomorrow always comes, we can always restart tomorrowBECAUSE OF HIM. Christ is the light. Christ is the dawn after the darkness, the calm after the storm.
Church is true, BECAUSE OF HIM.
xoxoxoxox
-Sister King

We had a bad day so we went out to dinner. Our day got worse... so we went out for ice cream :)

Texas Church #56,432,657 

 Also... We were walking down a random road and I almost stepped on this baby bird. It was sitting all alone in the middle of the road. There were cars coming and we didn't know what to do so we just picked it up. We had just knocked on this guy named Carlos' door and Sister Wessendorf saw that he had birds in a bird cage on the front porch. We decided we would knock on Carlos' door and see if he knew what to do, or how to take care of it. He was so cute about it and said that his Grandma is getting old and she had accidentally left her birdcage open and her bird had flown away. He said that she would be more than happy to take care of it! So he took it inside :) MIRACLE. He has a little home now. I hope they take good care of the lil' guy. 

Here is Elder Anderson. Now you have a visual for the story with the 8 salads. He'd kill me if he knew I was sending this to my whole email list haha. But as we took this picture he was saying, "you're FIRED!" SO funny.



No comments:

Post a Comment