Contributors

Monday, July 15, 2013

HOLA


Okay I have no much to say this week but I am sooo tired so I dont know if I will be able to say it all. We have a 4th of July/ Sister King's birthday party for Pday today so I am excited. 

KING OF ALL JOKES

okay.. If I hear the joke, "Sister King? Oh that is so funnny! It should be Sister Queen!" Of course I laugh genuinely but on the inside I want to scream. If i could count how many times I have heard that joke in the 4 weeks I have been here in Texas I would be very very rich.

PEARL HARBOR

Sister F and I were driving in the car and we were listening to the Pearl Harbor soundtrack. The main title song came on and we both just sighed and said, "Ohhhh how I love this movie, SUCH a good love story." Then I asked, "Wait.. who does the girl even end up with? I can't even remember what happened..." So sister Folsom goes on to tell the shortened version of the love story and by the end of it we have cranked up the music, and shes saying, "AND THEN, BEN AFFLECK IS KNEELING BY JOSH'S BODY AND JOSH SAYS....TAKE CARE OF HER FOR BOTH OF US!" and my eyes are flooded with tears.. OH MAN. Such a good movie. Missions make you emotional that is all I have to say. Sister Folsom always says, "I used to cry as much as you... then you just become immune to it." Well I hope that happens soon because I can't handle it.

GOOD TIMES IN THE TRUCK

1. We were driving the other day and I start telling Sister F about how much I love Disneyland. Remember when we went over xmas to the World of Color at California Adventure? They like projected the clips from all the different movies and had like fog and lights over the pond... oh man... I remember that I was just crying through the whole thing. Like when Mufasa says, "SIMBAAAA- REMMMEMMMBA who you are..." ummmm Hello.... Mufasa is like god? DUR. Walt Disney knew what was up. He's for sure in the celestial kingdom, no doubt in my mind. NO DOUBT.

2. We were Jammin out to Celine Dion in the car and like screamin at the top of our lungs... and then we realize that the car in front of us is like waving and trying to get our attention and turns out it was a member of our ward. We were so embarrassed. Oh man. SO funny. People are always watching us... always. Even when we are jamming to Celine.

RANDOMS

 1. My eye has been twitching NON-stop. And this bloody heat is really starting to get to me. Its hoottttttt. And its not even July yet!

2. I am a professional fly swatter. In the middle of district meeting I swatted a fly SO hard that it got chopped in half right on Elder Nymyers scriptures... Oooops.

3. Sister Geiseke bought me and Sister F matching shirts so the three of us could match in these cute little Texas shirts. I will have to get a picture and send it to you. Its pretty darn cute. I LOVE Brother and Sister Geiseke. I am going to miss them SO much when I get transferred. Brother Geiseke is just so wise with the gospel and with the atonement and everything he said, "in order to be a perfect person we don't need to add things, you need to subtract them. God made you in his image, so you are perfect, you just have to get rid of all the other junk in your life. And guess who is the garbage man to get rid of all that garbage in your life? ...Jesus Christ."


POOR WAYFARING MAN

One of our ward missionaries is AMAZING. We went over to her house for dinner and she told us that her son is not active anymore. She told us that she felt prompted that her two sons needed to sing "Poor Wayfaring Man" in Sacrament meeting while they were both in town for the 4th of July. She told us that she highly doubted that it would happen because he hasn't been back to church in years... but... a miracle happened! Yesterday they sang together! Her older son who is a strong member of the church and her son that is not active. It was SO powerful the older son could hardly sing because he was so choked up by the spirit. I kidd you not there was not a dry eye in the chapel it was amazing. She told us after that she hopes that the spirit he felt, singing with his brother, will be a source of comfort for him while is serving in Afghanistan. Such a neat thing to witness. I kept thinking about the brotherhood between Joseph and Hyrum while they were singing. It was amazing. 


THE CATS

So the elders met with Dash at the church they thought that it would be a good experience for him to feel the spirit without having to worry about 5 cats crawling on him. (ps. kittens were born.... and now there are 70 cats! YIKES) The elders felt prompted to bring along Brother Parks who is a ward missionary and turns out that Brother Parks used to be a vet and has connections! (MIRACLE!) So Brother Parks talked to him about the situation and how they would be taken care of and Dash agreed to start getting rid of the cats! Wheww its a miracle. I had a dream that I wore my cat blouse to his baptism haha. SO funny.

ISAIAH

Oh man... I am in love with Isaiah. Remember him? The kid from the trailer park with the creepy skinny parents that are on drugs? Welll... I LOVE him he looks like just Mike Schmidt (Suzz's brother) but with blonde hair. What a sweet kid. We went and talked to him the other day and like I said he just has a light about him. And when he sees us he lights up even more! He can see that we have something special. We asked him if he started reading the children's book of Mormon and he told us that he has read a little bit and that he likes it. I asked him if his parents are home and he said "yeah!" I said, "Can we come in and share a message with you guys?" And he smiles SO big and said, "Yeah! Well... let me see if thats okay." We could hear the TV on in the background of the dark, stingy, dirty trailer and so I thought for sure they would say yes.... but... nope he said, "ummm we are kinda busy but... Tomorrow? Could you come back tomorrow?!" Unfortunately we couldn't. We told Isiah that if he or his little sister needed ANYTHING that he could call us or text us. And he smiled and said okay. We told him that we would try to stop by later because we are teaching a few other people in that trailer park. 

My heart BROKE and I just started crying. How could god let such a sweet kid be in a house where his parents are high and he can't do anything about it? He has no control over anything and that is so sad. How can god let that happen! Sister Folsom said, "Sister! It's okay... one day when Isaiah is 18 and he is all moved out he is going to have the missionaries knock on his door and he is going to open it up, smile that huge adorable smile and say "I have been waiting for you! I used to have missionaries that came to visit me and my sister when we were little!" And Isaiah is going to join the church and become a priesthood holder and go to the temple and it is going to be worth it." Man, how right she is. It is so crazy how much love we can feel toward complete strangers... If I felt that much love toward just ONE of gods children... I can't even imagine the amount of pain and sorrow he feels when each of his children are suffering. It is so crazy how much he loves each one of us. DONT FORGET THAT.

Sophia asked me in my email about if I am weird yet... ummm NO. I dont think I am going to be that weird for a while. Folsom is totally normal and I think that I am going to be exactly the same way. LOVE YOU! LOVE YOU!  


church is true.

xxoxoxoxox

Sister King

No comments:

Post a Comment