Contributors

Monday, July 15, 2013

PRAY FOR MATTHEW


PRAY FOR MATTHEW

Our golden investigator Matthew who I was raving about and is amazing KNOWS the book of Mormon is true, and just the other day told us that he couldn't stop smiling since we came to him and that we are his angels and all this stuff, he is so so sweet. Matthew has been a smoker for 12 years and he always smokes. So we taught him the word of wisdom the other day and he just flat out accepted it.   Before we went up and knocked on his door we were like sick to our stomach with nervousness but brother Gieseke just kept saying, "why are you nervous? It doesn't matter if you're scared. This is the LORDS investigator NOT yours. If the lord thinks he needs to hear about the word of wisdom, then tell him about the word of wisdom!" So we did even though we were terrified and it went so well! He only had a problem with tea! We prayed with him before we left and he said, " dear god, we are going to have to have a big conversation about this whole tea issue..." we went back the next day and HE HAD QUIT SMOKING COLD TURKEY. Talk about faith.... he knows it is true. So cool. We were so proud of him we just wanted to give him a huge hug. So that night we taught him about prophets and he was really interested in "this munsen guy" so we told him about Thomas S. Monson and showed him clips of general conference and everything and we asked him to pray about if what we had told him was true.
GAH.....
The next day we were planning on extending a baptismal date. We show up at Matthews house and I was like so confident going in.... Sister F was nervous but I was like "Whatever we got this!" WRONG. We were so blindsided.... gah. He was a totally different person... I think he was on edge from not smoking but gosh... it was like a total change of heart. He had looked up all this anti-Mormon stuff and was really defensive about it. The questions he was asking were so terrible and untrue. The people who make this anti-Mormon stuff are going to have a hard time with god later down the road that is all I gotta say....
As we sat outside on his porch (the same porch where less than 48 hours ago he had told us that he couldn't stop smiling about what he felt inside) a huge thunder and lightening storm that rolled in. There was a lull in his questions and we could see the gears in his mind ticking as the stared down at his bible for answers. Sister F and I exchanged a heartbroken look to one another, and believe me it wasn't the first one we had swapped throughout this terrible discussion... I said, "Matthew... how are you feeling right now?" He looked up to the dark clouds and the clapping thunder clouds pointed to the sky and said, "THIS is going on in side my chest right now." So hard... I just looked down at my scriptures and I have never prayed so hard in my life to know what to say or what scripture to share. It was really hard and it made me feel so insecure as a missionary and really humbled me because there are so many things that I don't know.. and every single thing we said to matthew, I can testify was from the spirit. Sister F and I didn't really even remember half the stuff we said to Matthew after the lesson.
Oh man we feel like we have just gone through a breakup... I really think that Satan was breaking Matthew in half!  It was heartbreaking. We found out a lot of stuff about his past and about his relationship with god and how he was angry with god for a long time. But now he is trying to get back on the right pathway. We said goodbye to Matthew and I just started bawling. It probably didn't help that we were listening to the Guardian soundtrack and it was like super sad music but we just talked about Matthew and how he will eventually come around.  It was heartbreaking because he is so so close and Satan knows that he is SO close to being happier than he has ever been before. 
We called and invited him to come to the temple grounds with us and we could talk but he said that he didn't want to. He didn't come to church and just texted us all sorts of stupid messed up anti questions all day yesterday. It has been a hard week. But living with the Giesekes makes it all better. Last night Brother Gieseke made us popcorn and talked to us about his crazy dreams that he has. He is the best. We just love him. He is going golfing in Ireland this week and we are so so sad. We will miss him!

NICK

Nick is being disowned by his mom for wanting to gospel in his life and we just pray that he will be able to come back to church. I text him everyday different chapters in the Book of Mormon to read and so hopefully we will be able to maintain that spirit and then when he goes away to school he can get baptized. Satan is working hard in texas! But that just means that we will have to work harder!

CHICKEN WRANGLING

In the midst of our phone call with Matthew we were sitting in our little log cabin sweating bullets while discussing what to do with matthew and we get a knock at our door. It was Brother G and he needed our help wrangling and hearding all the new baby chickens into the new chicken coop! So we got a kick out of that. It was pretty funny. We needed a good laugh. Sister F and I both stepped in a huge fire ant nest and so now our feet and legs are itching like crazy. But just to have to wrangle chickens and heard them across the pasture was worth it. It was so funny.
Anway... I am pretty sure that Folsey and I are staying here. I hope so anyway! Love you alllllll! I love Texas! There was the most beautiful sunset the other night and gosh we had some gewwwwwd Mexican food.
church is true.
xoxoxo


-sister king



Oh the Baptists..

 I forgot my camera last pday so here I am on the fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment