Contributors

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Soccer Mom Elders

I am so tired of emailing and so this is going to be SUPPPPER short.
So sorry for the lame email this week.

I hit my year mark on the 22nd. So that was weird... Not sure how I
feel about that. I seriously feel like I just got to Texas. I was
reading my journal from the first night in the MTC and man... I have
just grown so much. I don't really even know how to describe it. I
just wanted to say a few things before I sign off. I have such a
strong testimony of the Holy Ghost since being on my mission. And Boyd
K. Packer sums this up so well when he says,  “I always know when I am
speaking under the inspiration of the Holy Ghost because I always
learn something from what I’ve said.” I have had some really cool
experiences lately with the spirit leading me and guiding me in
knowing what to say.

Keep looking for missionary experiences, in Zone conference this week
we watched this video. I could hardly make it through without the
spirit just POURING into my soul.
https://www.lds.org/bible-videos/videos/peter-and-john-continue-preaching-the-gospel?lang=eng
the courage and the bravery that Peter and John had just astound me.
We talked about how as missionaries it is hard to not think of how
others will perceive us. We need to think of how GOD views us, NOT how
MAN views us. Easier said than done. We need to stick up for the
Gospel in every aspect and every regard. It needs to be within us.
Lauren our investigator said that she knew that the church was true
when someone saw her walking on campus with the Elders, followed her
to her car, and then proceeded to try to talk her out of investigating
the church. She called us and told us that she knew that it was time
for her to join the church and that she knew it was true. Why? She
felt the need to stick up for the church, Joseph Smith and The Book of
Mormon. She knew in that moment that it was true.

As do I, every moment I bear my testimony and every time I realize
that I am here for our Savior Jesus Christ.

....the ending of the above video?

Acts 5:40-42

41 And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that
they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.

42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to
teach and preach Jesus Christ.

-Sister King
Sandra's Baptism!

We pranked the elders by writing all over their soccer mom van. SO FUNNY. then Elder Valdez posed with it and who knew he was a legit dancer prior to the mission haha.




Frisbee with some of the ward and a few investigators! :)

 so.. the elders got bed bugs.... they are sleeping at the church.

Whenever you're having a rough day. Remember this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment