Contributors

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

We'd like to introduce you to Faith (our newest investigator)! We just haven't found her yet...

Welll......

Missionary work on this side and the other!

I have been wanting to get involved with my family history for a long time but I just wasn't sure how to get started. When I would look at the fan chart it all seemed so overwhelming! And its like... if there are holes, pretty sure that is because they are impossible to find. BUT that is so not true. Last P-day after we checked our email he offered to help us. I found 10 new names! It was so cool. I could really feel the spirit of Elijah burning, at one point I was like, "Whewwww it is HOT in here. Can we turn on the A/C!" I was like kinda having a mini panic attack and all the other missionaries were laughing at me. I just got so excited when I would find someone! It was crazy. And you want to know the best part?

The next day (Tuesday) we were going to the temple with Frank for his first time! And I had him take some of the family names and do Baptisms and confirmations for those that I had just found. It was amazing. Frank was so excited to go, we called him on Tuesday afternoon and he was whispering. We were like, "why are you being so quiet, Frank?" He said, " I am at the Library reading the Book of Mormon, I just want it to be 7pm already!" :)

7pm came and it was really nice to be back in the temple. And it was my first time ever doing my own family names, especially ones that I had found. The neatest thought came as I was watching Frank doing the baptisms. I helped bring the gospel to Frank in this life. And now he is bringing the gospel to MY ancestors. It was a really beautiful moment. We are going to try and start working on Franks family history so he can take his own names to the temple. He loved the temple so much and when we asked him about it after he said, "It was like everything else faded away, the world, problems, everything. Clarity. It was just me and the spirit."

Another neat thought I had as I sat watching Baptisms was when it was Ford's turn to  be baptized. Many of you may not remember but he is a member in our ward that has Downs Syndrome. He is everyone's BEST friend. I love him so much. This is an excerpt from one of my emails from a few months ago.

"In our ward we have Ford Rumsey give the sacrament prayer he usually does the water. But he has Downs Syndrome and the spirit is so strong when he gives it because he says it very slowly and you can focus on every single word that he is saying. It is really neat, it reminds me of how proud the Savior must be of Ford for trying so hard to say it perfectly and when he messes up, I just picture the Savior kneeling there with him. So powerful."

As I watched him walk into the font the spirit whispered to me, relating this thought process...Ford doesn't have a perfect body, or a perfect mind. But he is here on this earth and here in the temple. Performing ordinances for those that do not have a body, despite that fact that his is not perfect. He has one. They cannot progress without Ford's help. It was a really neat insight that I was able to grasp. I just love the temple.

Prophets have told us to go to the temple as a source of guidance and protection. Safety from the storm, peace and refugee. A promise that when we walk out those doors we will be lifted up and the burden of this life will be lifted. Even if it is just a small lift. I know that the reason why these blessings come to pass is because we are being watched over by our ancestors for whom we do the work. 

"It is not just a religion..."

Sandra is getting Baptized on the 24th and she is so excited. She is really nervous though. She told us that she wished that her testimony of President Monson was stronger, but we read the baptismal interview questions over with her and they don't say, "Do you know that President Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet?" The question states, "Do you believe that President Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet of God? What does this mean to you?"  We then talked about it and she asked us if we would share our own testimonies of Thomas S. Monson. I told her that I had a really strong connection with Gordon B. Hinckley. And I shared with her that I remember very strongly that night sitting at the Stacks home with all my friends as we were one of the first people to hear the news that he had passed away. I told her that it took me some time to fully gain a testimony of President Monson. But just like it says in Alma 32:27 (one of my and Sandra's favorite scriptures) "...even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words." We shared that with her and the spirit was so strong. She then began to tell us a small portion of her testimony. I was crying (as per usual) she then said this about the church, "It is not just a religion or a name, like I am Catholic and now I am going to be a Mormon... It's a way of life. It is just so much more than a religion.... it's who you are as a person."

She has asked me to speak at her Baptism. I am so excited. She has strengthened my testimony so much. I am pretty sure she has a stronger testimony of the Book of Mormon than I do. She carries it with her always. :)

My new favorite scripture?- Ephesians 3:17-19

17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.


church is true. 
 xoxoxox

-Sister King

We invested in Wheat Germ. Sister A's mom also used to sneak it into her smoothies. So we decided to get healthy and try it! :) We have green smoothies every morning. My jamba juice skillzz are coming in handy. 

 Me and one of my favorite members JacQue. We already have plans to go to the Rodeo in March when I come back to visit :) It was an emotional goodbye. She is going to be an EFY counselor for the summer. Friends for life. I know it. 


VOLUNTEERING AT THE IRON MAN! I may or may not have had a total missionary moment as I watched people's loved ones run along side them, cheering them on. I couldn't help but think of the Savior and our loved ones cheering us on. Not only here on our missions, but just along life in general :) Sister A looked at me and she was like, "are you crying?!" I wiped my eye and said, "no.... haha no idea what you are talking about haha." I was. it's fine. Also. I am TOTALLY doing a marathon when I get home. Who is with me? 



Feeding the Squirrels at the Park with Tom (AKA the Squirrel Whisperer) 


Frank at the temple!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment